12V | Automatic maintenance charger for car and motorcycle batteries.
The MXS 3.8 microprocessor controlled 7 step battery charger and maintainer is suitable for batteries from 1.2Ah-85Ah. Features include battery diagnosis to establish whether your battery can receive and retain a charge, a patented desulphation program and a ‘Snowflake’ program for charging on cold days. It also includes selectable programs for charging smaller and normal batteries. The MXS 3.8 uses CTEK’s patented float/pulse system, which is the most efficient maintenance mode when a battery is connected for long periods. The MXS 3.8 is simple to use and you can follow the whole charging process on the clear, easy to read display.
- Maintains batteries up to 130Ah
- Splash and dust proof (IP65)
- Safe spark free operation
- Short circuit proof
- Input: 220–240 VAC, 50–60 Hz, 0.5 A
- Output: 14.4 /14.7 V, 3.8 A
- Battery capacity: 1.2–130 Ah
- Charging category: AC charging
- Back current drain*: Corresponding to less than 1 Ah/month
- Battery voltage: 12V
- Battery chemistry: Lead acid
- Ambient operating temperature: -20 ˚C to +50 ˚C
- Start voltage: 2.0 V
- Ripple**: Less than 4 %
- Battery types: 12 V:; WET; MF; Ca/Ca; AGM; GEL
- Degree of protection: IP65
*) Back current drain is the current that drains the battery if the charger is not connected to the mains. CTEK chargers have a very low back current.
**) The quality of the charging voltage and charging current is very important. A high current ripple heats up the battery which has an aging effect on the positive electrode. High voltage ripple could harm other equipment that is connected to the battery. CTEK battery chargers produce very clean voltage and current with low ripple.