The MXS 5.0 comes with automatic temperature compensation for the best charging performance, even in extreme conditions.
The MXS 5.0 also includes battery diagnosis to establish whether your battery can receive and retain a charge, a patented automatic desulphation program, an AGM option which maximises the performance life of most Stop/Start batteries and a special Recond mode for reconditioning deeply discharged batteries.
The MXS 5.0 uses CTEK’s patented float/pulse system, which is the most efficient maintenance mode when a battery is connected for long periods.
- Charges batteries up to 110Ah
- Easy-to-read LED display
- Splash and dust proof (IP65)
- Safe spark-free operation
- Reverse polarity protected
- Short circuit proof
- Input: 220–240 VAC, 50–60 Hz, 0.6 A
- Output: 14.4/14.7/15.8 V, 5.0 A
Battery capacity: 1.2–160 Ah
- Charging category: AC charging
- Back current drain*: Corresponding to less than 1 Ah/month
- Battery voltage: 12 V
- Battery chemistry: Lead acid
- Ambient operating temperature: -20 ˚C to +50 ˚C
- Start voltage: 2.0 V
- Ripple**: Less than 4 %
- Battery types: 12 V:; WET; MF; Ca/Ca; AGM; GEL
- Degree of protection: IP65
*) Back current drain is the current that drains the battery if the charger is not connected to the mains. CTEK chargers have a very low back current.
**) The quality of the charging voltage and charging current is very important. A high current ripple heats up the battery which has an aging effect on the positive electrode. High voltage ripple could harm other equipment that is connected to the battery. CTEK battery chargers produce very clean voltage and current with low ripple.